The Versatile Blogger Award

Tonight, I was completely thrilled to receive the Versatile Blogger award from a blogging buddy, Anassa.  Here are the rules, which I lifted from her post to make sure I did it correctly.


The rules for this award are:

  • Thank and link to the person who nominated me.  (You rock, Anassa!)
  • Share seven random facts about myself.
  • Pass the award along to 15 new-found blogging buddies.
  • Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Okay, so here's the seven random facts:
  • I have a mirror image identical twin.  Our crooked teeth are on opposite sides, as are our cowlicks, she's left-brained, I'm right-brained, and some of her internal organs are actually flip-flopped on the wrong side.
  • I love burned cheese.
  • I'm terrified of the ocean, mascots (also Mickey Mouse), heights, and handsome men.
  • I once shaved a shower curtain.  Don't ask.  It made sense at the time.
  • My great uncle was suspected of being part of the plot to assassinate JFK.  He also was in on the capture of Bonnie and Clyde, the Lindbergh baby kidnapping investigation, trained men for the Bay of Pigs invasion, and coined the family motto:  "We may abuse our women, but we'll never abuse our guns."
  • I'm obsessed with visiting the U.K. someday.
  • Bow ties are cool.  :-)
I don't have quite 15 bloggers, but I've listed my top ten.
  • The Blood-Red Pencil  This blog has several contributors, and it has fantastic advice.
  • Terrible Minds  Chuck Wendig is a fantastic writer with a warped brain.  Beard the f)#% on!
  • Montana for Real  Kari Lynn Dell writes about what it's really like to live on a ranch in Montana.  She's a great resource for writers who want an authentic ranch feel.
  • How Publishing Really Works  Jane Smith, from the U.K., gives fantastic inside advice to writers.
  • Hyperbole and a Half  Allie, a former Montanan, writes and illustrates the most awesome stories.  Be sure to check out her super best friend fish story.  I laughed until I nearly peed my pants.
  • Corrine Jackson  She gives out all sorts of helpful writing tips, and she put me onto a program that has helped my writing so much.
  • Tahereh Mafi  Another delightfully cracked individual.  
  • Mike Shevdon  If the nuts and bolts of writing trouble you, check out Shevdon's advice.
  • Dawn Alexander  Like me, Dawn is working on the whole getting published thing.
  • Books and Such  Another site with multiple contributors that are exceedingly helpful.
Thanks for nominating me, Anassa!

Comments

  1. You're welcome!

    Those're some fascinating bits of trivia. You completely top my celebrity claim to fame, I think. :) The stories behind your great-uncle and the shower curtain intrigue me particularly. And thanks for those blog links. I'll check 'em out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anassa. Uncle Guy's life is so over the top that I wish I had more to document it. It all sounds too strange to be real. Sorry I didn't do all 15.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Genre Dilemma

The Idiom Exchange

He Got Pain Right