The rules for this award are:
Okay, so here's the seven random facts:
- I have a mirror image identical twin. Our crooked teeth are on opposite sides, as are our cowlicks, she's left-brained, I'm right-brained, and some of her internal organs are actually flip-flopped on the wrong side.
- I love burned cheese.
- I'm terrified of the ocean, mascots (also Mickey Mouse), heights, and handsome men.
- I once shaved a shower curtain. Don't ask. It made sense at the time.
- My great uncle was suspected of being part of the plot to assassinate JFK. He also was in on the capture of Bonnie and Clyde, the Lindbergh baby kidnapping investigation, trained men for the Bay of Pigs invasion, and coined the family motto: "We may abuse our women, but we'll never abuse our guns."
- I'm obsessed with visiting the U.K. someday.
- Bow ties are cool. :-)
- The Blood-Red Pencil This blog has several contributors, and it has fantastic advice.
- Terrible Minds Chuck Wendig is a fantastic writer with a warped brain. Beard the f)#% on!
- Montana for Real Kari Lynn Dell writes about what it's really like to live on a ranch in Montana. She's a great resource for writers who want an authentic ranch feel.
- How Publishing Really Works Jane Smith, from the U.K., gives fantastic inside advice to writers.
- Hyperbole and a Half Allie, a former Montanan, writes and illustrates the most awesome stories. Be sure to check out her super best friend fish story. I laughed until I nearly peed my pants.
- Corrine Jackson She gives out all sorts of helpful writing tips, and she put me onto a program that has helped my writing so much.
- Tahereh Mafi Another delightfully cracked individual.
- Mike Shevdon If the nuts and bolts of writing trouble you, check out Shevdon's advice.
- Dawn Alexander Like me, Dawn is working on the whole getting published thing.
- Books and Such Another site with multiple contributors that are exceedingly helpful.
Thanks for nominating me, Anassa!