Why I Deleted a Popular Post

Hi, folks!

I have good news and bad news.  The good news is my blog is picking up a lot more traffic.  The bad news is that, since some of the new readers know me personally, I had to delete a very popular post called, "The Real Horror Story Behind My Character's Motivations."

The children involved in that years-long ordeal are not yet safe, and I'm terrified word will get back to the psycho they have for a mother that I posted their story.  She holds the upper hand because the law will not step in, even though her abuse has been reported.  I fear what she will do if she is angered.

I took great pains to disguise the kids' identities, but one reader recognized enough details to know who they were.  It's not her fault.  It was mine.  I had hoped by posting it I could show people how kids fall through the cracks, but it's too risky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Genre Dilemma

The Idiom Exchange

He Got Pain Right