Gettin' Ready for the World Fantasy Convention, 2010

After having entertained some wonderful friends from out of town, I'm shifting my focus to preparing for the World Fantasy Convention in Columbus, OH.

I'm a convention virgin.

I don't know how to dress.  I don't know how to pitch.  I don't know if I should pitch.  Will there be anyone who'll help me out with my manuscript?  No idea.  The schedule looks like Greek to me.  Will I be able to kick Social Anxiety in the balls and cut loose?  Not a clue.  Do I have to wear a, "Hi, my name is..." badge?  

All I know is that I'm packing my boots.

Comments

  1. Hey Scooter, good luck! I will be at WFC too, with or without adequate preparation. :p I'm from rural Oklahoma, and I write YA fantasy. Maybe I'll see you there- I'm supposed to help with registration.

    Happy traveling!
    -Amy Treadwell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Genre Dilemma

The Idiom Exchange

He Got Pain Right