Cats and Danglers

My husband and I were each getting ready for work the other day, he in the downstairs bathroom and me in the upstairs.  Our five-year-old had been instructed to get dressed in his room.

From stock.xchng
His bedroom and the upstairs bathroom share a wall.  I can usually tell if he's getting dressed or not because it seems to be physically impossible for him to do anything without singing or talking to himself, a habit I'm certain came from me.  If it's quiet, usually he's gotten distracted by a book or toy.

It had gotten quiet, so I began to listen closely.  Soon, I heard a "MEEP!"  Not usually a sound that comes from his mouth.

"Honey?  What's the matter?" I called.

"Kitty's being mean," he answered, and I figured he was letting his legs dangle off of the side of the bed.  The cat loves to play with his toes while he bounces his feet this way and that.

I yell, "Are you dangling anything?"

"Well, I am naked."

I think I would have meeped, too, were I male.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Genre Dilemma

The Idiom Exchange

He Got Pain Right